Please check back in early 2022 for the 3rd Annual Christine Murphy Scholarship, with applications due in April 2022.
Established in 2020, the Safe Harbor Cohasset, Inc. Christine Murphy Scholarship is a unique opportunity for current Safe Harbor Youth Ambassadors to apply for a college scholarship. The Coalition recognizes that the dedication from our youth is where we see the biggest changes in underage substance use. This scholarship acknowledges the importance of our Youth Ambassadors and the fact that addressing substance use and mental health with their peers is a challenging task.
About Christine Murphy
As a co-founder of Safe Harbor Cohasset Coalition and the Chair for 6 years (2014-2020), Christine Murphy worked tirelessly to foster a strong and inclusive Cohasset community that encourages healthy, educated and responsible choices about drug and alcohol use by promoting communication and collaboration. During her time as chair, Christine role modeled great leadership and exuded a passion for reducing stigma, igniting conversation, and changing the culture. Christine’s dedication positively affected the lives of countless adults and youth and continues to do so.
- All candidates must be current Seniors in high school.
- All candidates must be current Youth Ambassadors and in good standing.
- Candidates must actively participate in, and attend at least 75% of weekly Youth Ambassador program meetings.
- Candidates must refrain from any alcohol, tobacco products, marijuana products or any other illegal drug and substance misuse.
- Two $1,000 awards will be awarded annually.
- Awards will be paid by check directly to the student.
- Awards are intended to assist recipients with covering costs of materials directly related to college/post-graduation studies.
- The Christine Murphy Scholarship will be awarded to Safe Harbor Youth Ambassadors that have successfully completed the application, have demonstrated acts of leadership, display a passion to reduce substance use and mental health stigma, ignite conversation, and change the culture around substance use.
- The selection committee will consist of coalition members and steering committee members.
- All applicants agree to let Safe Harbor Cohasset, Inc. use their name, image and sections of their application for promotional use.
Kira Jamieson & Morgan Sile
Natasha Arnold & Margaret Curley